To keep a balance between process and outcome in building each one’s own autonomous professional path, it is more important to open up mental windows rather than to provide functional recipes or ready-made tools.
Artists, Creative and Cultural Professions, Trainers/Coaches
for all sectors, photography, visual and graphic arts, music, webdesign, dance, media, performing arts
Level of experience
for all levels, Beginners, Intermediary, Experienced
Individuals interested in socially engaged practices. Attitude to work in group. Basic knowledge of relational approach in didactics and art.
This training will focus on methods of knowledge transfer, the capacity to adapt to the needs of the various interlocutors, and to create the conditions for a positive development of relational processes with different individuals and in different contexts. This strategy could be applied in educational, creative, conceptual and design aspects. It's a state of mind, a condition, an approach, more than a list of instructions. The participant will develop this approach through different experiences, for example in body training, cases' analysis, monitored field work, etc.
- Specific physical training that can provide direct experience through the body of the particular condition that is necessary to facilitate a process
- Exercises for analysing and practicing descriptions and analysis of the setting, necessary for creating the conditions in which the processes can really happen
- Through contributions taken from many human sciences as psychology, pedagogy, anthropology, sociology and philosophy, observation and sharing of the principles that recur in facilitation processes such as building an own personal method
- Critical discussion and watching video materials as analysis' pretexts.
Active methodology, putting the accent on the participants' inputs and giving them the possibility to exchange among peers. The trainer as an expert of that field acts as facilitator. The artist learns first to observe and listen to the context and to the target group, both in educational and in creative contexts, in order to build all the actions according to a punctual feedback to the process. This strategy is able to optimize human or object resources and to keep the intervention more sustainable and adequate to the specific case. The artist must put him/herself in a condition of openness and awareness, capable to catch the opportunities that the path will present step by step. The informal education for example is based on this way of working, presenting a horizontal structure in which each element and subject can express its potential and be facilitated by the coach. The same process could be followed in self-management and artistic actions.
The module is aimed at providing professionals with the capacity to intervene in a huge variability of cases, to solve problems through creative and innovative solutions, each time according to the specific context, target group and time. It's important also to promote a different perspective of the intevention in artistic domain, changing from a vision of standardized principles to a dynamic approach able to dialogue with diversity, complexity, problematicy, in a word with the faceted contemporary society.
- Improve Your listening and observing capacity, your level of awareness and empathy
- Learn how to translate some basic theories in concrete actions, possessing new tools to manage work in progress, project, ideas, educational processes or in general relationship, with an interdisciplinary training. This can create in turn good practices in contemporary society and improve the same tools also in other target groups, in a viral way.
Basic equipment (computer, video projector, flipchart, wi fi).
Questionnaire to be filled out by the participants (given and collected at the end of the session)
Exercises, bibliographic references on human sciences, video materials.
Other related recommended resources
8 to 15
Français, Italiano, English
Past track experience
OrganisationCentro di Creazione e Cultura
under the project Routes to Employment
Download📎 Module PDF (0.12 MB)